This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Getting last.fm tags for whole collection

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hazica
Registered Member
Hi everyone, using Amarok 2.4.1 and I really love the Labels Applet in the context browser. I love the fact that it can be configured to pull in last.fm tags that match certain, predefined criteria.

My question is: is there a possibility to have a sort of crawler go through one's collection and pull in the tags from last.fm according to the same set of rules? Or are there limitations imposed by the last.fm api, such as: no more than X requests during a certain time span?

Does such a component exist or would it have to be created?

Thanks!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
No, it doesn't, as the labels are gathered when you actually play the track, those are not stored on your PC AFAIK, but written to the respective tracks in last.fm.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...