This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Two issues

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bonassis
Registered Member
OS

Two issues

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:32 pm
Hi,

I'm using amarok for some time now.

I have two issues:

a. is it possible to store the URI in the (shared) mysql collection database in stead of hardcoded paths? It's up to the client how to translate the URI in a path for the current host. Like a path to a smb server, use smb://server/share/pathtoaudiofile in stead of /mountpointtosmbshare/pathtoaudiofile?

Using URI's is much much more flexible.

b. Can Amarok watch directories when just browsing the harddisk. I saw that it's unpossible to do a refresh on a directory, Amarok still uses an old view, and updates in that directory do not come through.

Stef Bon
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Two issues

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:35 am
Which Amarok version is this about?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
bonassis
Registered Member
OS

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:08 am
Well just the latest from git.

Stef
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:28 am
I don't know for the first issue (I will ask a developer to look at that), but please file a bug for the second one on http://bugs.kde.org, product Amarok, component File Browser.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...