This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Skipping checking playlist on start

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wiktor00
Registered Member

Skipping checking playlist on start

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:19 am
Is there a possibility to skip checking playlist on start? It takes too much time, but it's for me completely unnecessary. I can't find how to disable this option in settings. It could save a few seconds and it will increase system boot.

I hope someone will know the solution :)
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS
What Amarok version are you using? I thought the issue with long startup times when there were lots of playlists stored had been fixed.

google01103
Manager
disabling not used plugins should help decrease startup time

But it seems to take me 10secs (or so) to start with 25k tracks and most plugins disabled

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

wiktor00
Registered Member
I use Amarok 1.4.10, starting takes me about 10 seconds (MySQL) and all plugins disabled, but I was thinking that, I can boost it quite more. Because my system boots in 15 seconds + 10 seconds Amarok and it gives 25 seconds :(
But is there a possibility not to check existence of every file? Can Amarok assume that every file is where it was before I closed amarok?
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
Amarok 1.4.x is no longer supported. The current version is 2.4.3 - you are a few years behind!

If you meant 2.4.1, then yes, back then there was a problem with all playlists being checked every time. This has now been fixed.