This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dup song titles in album not showing in collection correctly

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
google01103
Manager
tracks with the same song title in the same album (and folder) but different lengths and track numbers do not both show in collection panel - only the first and without the track number

ex of duplicate tracks in folder:
artist - album - track 01 - song-title-dup.mp3
artist - album - track 02 - song-title-2.mp3
artist - album - track 03 - song-title-3.mp3
artist - album - track 08 - song-title-dup.mp3

in the collection only one track shows with no track number:
year - album
>song-title-dup
>01 - year - album - song-title-2
>03 - year - album - song-title-3
>13 - year - album - song-title-13

The track shown in the collection is the first occurrence of the title and provides no means to play the second

all track display properly in the album applet

no idea if this is a new issue but don't remember seeing it before

running 2.4.4beta1 self compiled from git

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS
Interesting. I'm not seeing any such issue myself, also running latest git - here's a picture of a Led Zeppelin album with three versions of Communication Breakdown visible:

Can you try inspecting the tags for the troublesome tracks with an external editor to ensure the track tags are in fact there? Do you have any other albums with multiple tracks of the same name you can test with? I have at least two off the top of my head, both of which are working properly.

If you run a full collection scan in debug mode, do you get any warnings about duplicate UUIDs?

google01103
Manager
same problem with 6 other albums, track tags show fine in kid3 and songs display fine in Clementine

recompiled Amarok (probably been about a week) - did not help

created subset of collection for new user same problem then ran full scan in debug mode and no dup UUIDS showed and problem went away

ran full rescan for me and problem did not go away and now Amarok is crashing with
amarok: [ERROR__] [MySqlStorage] "GREPME MySQLe query failed! (1194) Table 'urls' is marked as crashed and should be repaired on SELECT COUNT(urls.rpath) FROM tracks INNER JOIN urls ON tracks.url = urls.id WHERE 1 AND urls.deviceid in (1,2,3,-1);"
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 36 and type 'Read', disabling...
KCrash: Application 'amarok' crashing...
possibly because of my trying to fix tags on albums that show in various but shouldn't using Amarok's tag editing facility

trying to resolve with command line scan

?? - is there any way to retain my "current" list in the widget cause I hate loosing it every time I do a full rescan - please say yes and tell me how xD

google01103
Manager
tried removing apps/amarok/mysqle folder - nada

tried removing entire apps/amarok folder - nada

removed config/amarok and apps/amarok - and collection now displays correctly

Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS
google01103 wrote:tried removing apps/amarok/mysqle folder - nada

tried removing entire apps/amarok folder - nada

removed config/amarok and apps/amarok - and collection now displays correctly

AH
Thank you, I've worked out what's going on now. It's the merged view setting - if you have that on, there's an algorithm to prevent duplicate tracks being shown (so if you've got merged view on and, say, a network music server and local music, with the same track in both) it doesn't show twice. But apparently it's being a little bit over-enthusiastic and not counting track number in the pruning algorithm or considering if two "identical" tracks are from a single collection. I've just tested and get exactly the same behaviour if I enable merged view (it's the middle icon to the right of the collection search, "merged view" on the tooltip). This might be a bug, if you want to report it.

rengels
Registered Member
OS
It's a feature of Amarok.

The original developer thought that users do want to be informed about duplicate tracks and don't want to have duplicates in the collection.

Help me to get this decision changed by voting for the bug entry:

http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=258555
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS
rengels wrote:It's a feature of Amarok.

The original developer thought that users do want to be informed about duplicate tracks and don't want to have duplicates in the collection.

Help me to get this decision changed by voting for the bug entry:

http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=258555

This is specifically the merged view pruning, not the UUID thing; the track number is taken into account by the UUID generation and thus these tracks are present in the collection, just not displayed by merged view.

google01103
Manager
arghhh just posted new bug https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=281708

Sentynel - merged veiw is pretty much this bug http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=241430

rengels - how would this be resolved?