This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

'Score' changs after submitting

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jjanderson5
Registered Member
OS

'Score' changs after submitting

Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:53 am
I am using Amarok 2.4 and have a problem which looks like a bug to me.

I'm going through my music database to rate the music. 99+% of the music is stored in mp3 format. The paradigm is follow is:

- clear the current playlist
- select an album and add it to the current playlist
- as each song plays, I right click on the current song in the playlist
and select 'edit track details'
- if the 'track details' statistics tag is no already selected, I select it
- I enter a score and rating
- click on 'save and close'

When the next song comes up, I repeat the operation. I then observer the prior songs 'score' and it is always wrong, invariably higher. I then edit
the prior song and change it back to the score I originally gave it. If I look at 2 songs prior to the current score, it now holds the correct score
that I entered on the correction edit. So my data is getting into the database, but it does require unnecessary work.

I checked the forum and did not see any other reports.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Jim Anderson
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS

Re: 'Score' changs after submitting

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:12 pm
The score is automatically generated/adjusted based on your behaviour playing the song. Playing it increases the score, skipping reduces it, etc. Rating is entirely set by the user.

I'm not actually sure why it allows manual editing of the score field, given this.

(The rating can be set in the current track applet, to avoid needing to open the track editor.)