This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

strange sorting

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kdefgh
Registered Member

strange sorting

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:26 pm
I have two albums with the same name, from two different artists, and they show up as one album under Various Artists when I select Artist/Album sorting. If I try to edit the tags of any song it seems Amarok read them correctly. How can I have them show up properly? Amarok 2.4.3 KDE 4.6.5 on Fedora 15 x86_64
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS

Re: strange sorting

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:55 pm
The Album Artist tag needs to be set and equal to the Artist tag. There's some autodetection performed when reading songs in which don't have that tag, but it's not always correct, as you've discovered.
Either set the album artist tag in the tag editor, or just right click on the album in the collection and choose album > don't show under various artists.

kdefgh
Registered Member

Re: strange sorting

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:33 pm
Thanks. Easytag doesn't handle this (nor does id3info show the TPE2 tag) but it seems Amarok added it when I told it not to show under Various Artists.