This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 2 music to iPod

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
6uellerBpanda
Registered Member
OS

Amarok 2 music to iPod

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:18 pm
I'm not able to copy music from my collection onto my iPod.
The iPod is visible in Amarok but I can only make an file based copy.
I'm clicking on one of the albums an use "Copy to collection" -> iPod.
Amarok transfers the mp3 files on the iPod but it is not recognized by the iPod itself. If I'm looking through dolphin at the iPod "Music Folder" the mp3's are there but only file based so the internal database of the iPod is of course missing these songs.

So is it even possible to copy music on the iPod through Amarok or I'm missing some major point here ??

Fedora 16
Amarok 2.4.3
KDE 4.7.3
libgpod 0.8.2.1
iPod nano 16G
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Amarok 2 music to iPod

Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:20 pm
There are a lot of issues with i* devices on 2.4.3. We didn't have any developers with iPod devices, so it was kinda hard to debug.
However, there are a number of patches to iPod handling in the next version, so things should work a lot better.

6uellerBpanda
Registered Member
OS

Re: Amarok 2 music to iPod

Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:04 pm
Sentynel wrote:There are a lot of issues with i* devices on 2.4.3. We didn't have any developers with iPod devices, so it was kinda hard to debug.
However, there are a number of patches to iPod handling in the next version, so things should work a lot better.

ahh..i just read the 2.5b1 release message. excellent.
i hope the 2.5 will be useable with iPod.
thanks