This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Downloading all podcasts

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pcolbeck
Registered Member

Downloading all podcasts

Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:13 pm
Hi

I am using Amarok 2.4.3 on Arch 86bit and can subscribe to podcasts without any problem. However though I get a list of all podcasts for each subscription they only stream and don't download. If I right click an individual episode I can download it but surely there must be a way to download all episodes ?
I have right clicked each channel and selected download when available but after two days it still hasn't downloaded any of the episodes that are listed. Does it only automatically download new episodes rather than the ones that are already listed when you subscribe ?

Thanks
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Downloading all podcasts

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:26 pm
Do you have the option "Automatically scan for updates" enabled as well? It works for me in current git and I don't see any changes to that part since 2.4.3

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
pcolbeck
Registered Member

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:36 am
OK I have got a little further with this after being away for a few days. I did a re scan channel today and it found a new podcast and automatically downloaded it - hurrah !
SO the issue doesn't seem to be auto downloading new episodes but rather auto downloading all the episodes that already exist at the point where you subscribe to a podcast. For example with if I subscribe to a new podcast today it will automatically download any new episodes released after today but not the episodes from early in the year.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:21 pm
Well, yes, that is the default behavior, it will download any NEW podcast once it is available. If you want the previous ones you need to do this by hand.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
pcolbeck
Registered Member

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:15 pm
OK I'll stop banging my head against a brick wall now :)

Seriously though a "catchup" or "download all available episodes" option would be really useful. There are many times when you find a podcast that you like and want all the already published ones and clicking them all individually is a pain. Consider something like the BBCs "A History of the World in a 100 objects" there were 100 episodes for that and if you found it at episode 90 that's a lot of clicks to get them all. Most other podcast applications I have used have a catchup feature.

Thanks
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:10 pm
You can use the gpodder service for that instead :)