This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok unusable if collection is unreachable

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
fatAngel
Registered Member
OS
hi *,

im using amarak 2.4.3 on KDE 4.6.5 (Fedora 15).
my Phonon-backend is Xine (the only one, where cue-sheets etc. work)

i experienced, that a view features won't work as expected, when my collection (mounted via SMB) is unreachable. this is reproduceable for me:

* startup amarok with external collection mounted.
* listen to a radiostream - all information like trackname, station etc. is visible
* stop amarok and unmount collection
* startup again
* no more trackinfo is displayed, cue-sheets wont work anymore ...

any hints/tipps for me?

thanks a lot in advance

fatAngel
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
That's odd, but still.....Amarok is designed to use a collection. Streaming is a nice add-on, but Amarok is fundamentally about playing your collection and allowing you to re-discover your music. You are deliberately disabling that.

Mamarok
Manager
OS
Also you should not use the xine backend, it is not maintained anymore. Please use the gstreamer or the vlc backend instead.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
fatAngel
Registered Member
OS
i know gstreamer is the prefered backend.
but xine still is the only one working for me ...
neither cue-support nor radio-info are working properly using other backends :(
also very important for me: gapless playback only with xine

thx for your responses anyway