This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Remove song from playlist, still played as the next one

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Horus
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

lately I've noticed a weird behavior. I'm using Amarok with dynamic playlists. If there is like 15seconds left to play of a song and I change the next song (either dragging some other in or deleting the next one), Amarok does not give3 attention to that and still plays the one that was in place before (and now is not existing on the playlist anymore).

The indicator (right top at the volume control) changes immediately and correctly, but still...

Anyone has noticed that?

Amarok 2.5.0 / KDE 4.8.0
Horus
Registered Member
OS
Sorry to bump that, but none able to reproduce that behavior?
strohel
KDE Developer
OS
I cannot reproduce this with current Amarok git. I remove the next song 4 seconds before the previous ends and Amarok still picks up the right song.
rmarques
Registered Member
OS
Horus wrote:Sorry to bump that, but none able to reproduce that behavior?

I know this is a bit outdated but I did have the same problem. Just had a fresh Arch Linux install, got the latest version of Amarok (2.5.0).
I have never had such occurence before but is just as described. I put a tracklist on a queue and when a track finishes, the next track is highlighted but just repeats the same track. It seems there are not much reports about this behaviour, but it is really anoying. Tryed to reinstall Amarok but the problem remains.

Is there any clue about this?
sultanoswing
Registered Member
Yes. I've just noticed this behaviour too. Can't say exactly when it started, but I think sometime over the last week or so - possibly since the most recent update to Amarok on Arch linux, which was on 8th of July (2.5.0-5).

Exactly the behaviour described above - the next track in the playlist is highlighted and seems to be playing, but the audio from the previous track is repeating instead! Weird.

Arch 3.4.5-1 (x86_64) w/Gnome 3.4.2
ASUS P7P55-E-Pro, Geforce GTX460, i5-750, 8GB
Dell XPS m1330, Geforce 8400M, 4965AGN
HP Folio 13 Ultrabook
Horus
Registered Member
OS
This is not the behavior I tried to describe in my orginal posting. There Amarok does not honor the change in playlist made shortly before a track ended and plays the wrong song. But yet the song displayed is the one played.

What sultanoswing and rmarques described I had experienced too. Changing the Phonon backend from GStreamer to VLC fixed it for me.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
sultanoswing wrote:Yes. I've just noticed this behaviour too. Can't say exactly when it started, but I think sometime over the last week or so - possibly since the most recent update to Amarok on Arch linux, which was on 8th of July (2.5.0-5).

Exactly the behaviour described above - the next track in the playlist is highlighted and seems to be playing, but the audio from the previous track is repeating instead! Weird.

This is a known regression of the phonon backend gstreamer v. 4.6.1. Reverting to the previous 4.6.0 version should fix the issue. And this is not related to the problem described in this thread, please do not mix unrelated things.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Horus
Registered Member
OS
This is a known regression of the phonon backend gstreamer v. 4.6.1. Reverting to the previous 4.6.0 version should fix the issue. And this is not related to the problem described in this thread, please do not mix unrelated things.

Hey,
do you got any idea if there a phonon gstreamer backend in the pipeline that has this regression fixed?
smls
Registered Member
OS
Horus wrote:

Hey,
do you got any idea if there a phonon gstreamer backend in the pipeline that has this regression fixed?

It has been fixed in in the master branch of phonon-gstreamer.

On Arch Linux, simply install the phonon-gstreamer-git package from the Arch User Repository, which compiles the latest master revision from source. (It is surprisingly quick to compile.)