This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

A script does not work anymore

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
SAKDOSS.
Registered Member
OS

A script does not work anymore

Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:00 pm
I just installed a new OS and my amarok scripts does not work anymore.

Previous OS : Linux mint with KDE desktop, Amarok version unknown
New OS : Ubuntu (default desktop), Amarok version 2.9.70

The scripts I was using are based on this one which removes the file associated to the current track:
https://store.kde.org/p/1135839/

I can still install the script and assign it a shortcut. However, when I use the shortcut nothing happens (an alert should open to ask if I really want to delete the current track).

I don't know if the problem is due to the OS or Amarok version.

Do you have any idea where the problem could be and how I could fix it?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: A script does not work anymore

Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:50 pm
The version you are running is a pre-release of the upcoming Amarok 3 with a completely re-written scripting stack, existing scripts from the store for the previous version will not work.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
SAKDOSS.
Registered Member
OS

Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:51 am
Thank you for your answer.

I started to read the documentation on how to create scripts:
https://community.kde.org/Amarok/Develo ... _HowTo_2.0

However, it seems to be dedicated to Amarok 2. Am I right? Are there equivalent ressources for Amarok 3?

I don't think I have plasma as I am using Ubuntu with the default interface (unity maybe?).
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Yes, that is pretty much outdated now, but since Amarok 3 is not officially released and you are using a pre-alpha version this is not yet re-written.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
SAKDOSS.
Registered Member
OS

Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:47 am
Ok too bad. Thank you for the precisions.

Do you know if there is a linux command which could get the path of the currently played track in amarok? I would just need this information to make a bash scripts which replicate my amarok scripts.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:04 pm
I am not a developer, but the script engine has been re-written to use QSJ now, I presume adapting existing scripts to this shouldn't be that hard

vinceb
Registered Member
OS

Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:01 pm
Mamarok wrote:The version you are running is a pre-release of the upcoming Amarok 3 with a completely re-written scripting stack, existing scripts from the store for the previous version will not work.

Thanks Mamarok, that solved for me too