This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

amaroK and Qt4

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
febs

amaroK and Qt4

Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:46 am
Will Qt4 revolution the amaroK development?
I\'m interested in getting involved by providing some patch - and since I have to study lots of stuff about Qt and KDE development before I can do anything useful, I fear the newcoming toolkit could trash all my efforts in that. Or I\'m completely wrong?
Thank you.

Yours sincerely
muesli
KDE Developer

Re:amaroK and Qt4

Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:17 am
completely wrong ;-)

start studying qt and kde, now. there are quite a few changes in qt4, but nothing that radical, that you wouldn\'t profit from starting, now :-)

qt4 is now revolution, but evolution.

regards,
muesli
febs

Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:07 am
good. Now, where is a good place to start?
Maybe to load up the amaroK source code in kdevelop, and start experimenting by touching it here and there?
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:54 am
You can run amaroK in the kdevelop debugger and step through amaroK starting. That will give a walkthrough of amaroK code.

Amarok Developer
sebr

Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:55 am
or you could do what i did and pick a piece of amarok which is irritating you and learn how to fix it. I did this with the OSD and I got hooked onto coding for amarok - which led me to the larger spectrum of the amarok codebase.

Then i had to go overseas...

Oh well, I\'m having a great time and will be back in 1 month!
febs

Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:13 pm
I\'m getting troubles trying to build the code in kdevelop. I\'m keeping track of my experiments in
the wiki, http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/index.php/Hack_it, hoping to help others when I\'ll have figured out how this stuff work too. Please put an eye on the page and gimme an hint here or (best) there. Thank you very much.