This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Possible "issue" with LiveCd.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mortiferus
Registered Member

Possible "issue" with LiveCd.

Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:33 am
First, I have to state that I have not tried the Lice Cd. I am downloading the torrent now, and will offcourse report back bug reports (if any).
This is more a thought I got while reading about it.
As you are all aware of, amarok deletes album art that is older than x Days (90 I think). The rest of my post only applies if there is album art in the LiveCd.
If the LiveCd gets the date from e.g the mother board, so it is correct, then everyone who run the LiveCd after the next 90 days, will get the message that amaroK has deleted the album covers. That is not the perfect message to give as show-off :P .
Maybe, in a future revision of the LiveCd, the date of the files will be automaticly set to the current date at boot time (e.g when they are loaded in to the ram disk). This would
oggb4mp3

Re:Possible "issue" with LiveCd.

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:34 am
This shouldn\'t be a problem because the only album art is the Wired CD cover, and this is set as a custom cover, so it will never be deleted by amaroK.
sebr

Re:Possible "issue" with LiveCd.

Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:50 pm
Mortiferus: Album art is deleted every 90 days only if it has been downloaded from amazon.com