This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Want to support amaroK in next bemused version

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
DanielW
Hello,

bemused is a program to control music player software on pc with your bluetooth handy. You can browse your music collection on youre mobile phone and so on.

At the moment the comand line bemused server only supports xmms.

I want to change that. The problem amaroK can has not all the remote controll features i need.

There are some new DCOP function needed.

For details about bemused see http://bemused.sf.net

For details on my plan an the needed dcop-functions see:
[url=
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/index.php/DC ... ed_Support] amaroK Wiki-Page about bemused[/url]

DanielW
DanielW
Max Howell
Alumni
We\'re happy to support your cool tool. Good start with the wiki.
MS
Hey!

I just want to show my support for bemused support for amaroK! (wow... \"support for support for ... \" :P)

I tried bemused just a few days ago on my SX1 and was really impressed (first thought: \"THIS with amaroK support... WOW!\") :woohoo:

(Maybe some special \"amaroK-ish\" Features could be implemented later..?\")

If you need someone for basic testing...(I dont know much about programming and stuff :huh: ) just tell me!
jniklast
I\'d really love amarok support in bemused even though I already changed the bemusedlinuxserver and even the java client to support amarok. But as I can\'t program that well you\'ll probably do better.
Anyway I added a few features (Queueing songs, better PL handling) which might be interesting but would require a change of the bemused protocol. Anyway if you want to have a look at what i have done I could send you my version of the server and the client.
HarryTB
Although I\'m really looking forward to see Bemused support in Amarok (just purchased a Nokia 6670 and installed the Symbian SDK ;-), I\'m curious if it ain\'t a better idea to take a more general (KDE) view at this.

Because I believe the smartphone can be used for a lot more: simple mouse pointer (easy with a presentation), IM proxy, mail notifier, email proxy, and so on... So wouldn\'t it be a good idea to create a universal KDE / Bluetooth / Symbian Remote IO application thingie?

And of course, Amarok support is the first supported app! ;-)

Just my 2cnts,

Regards Harry
andrei.g
Pluto is a new open source project consisting of a “Core”: a central media server to distribute movies, music and tv shows throughout the house; a home automation controller for lights, climate, pool, etc.; and a phone system with video conferencing. It also exposes a network boot for “Media Directors” so your PC’s can boot off the net as a media player, PVR and video conferencing set-top box without installing software.

The remote control software, called “Orbiter”, runs on Symbian Bluetooth mobile phones as well as Linux, Windows and Windows CE devices like webpads and pda’s. They all feature cover art, interactive maps and floorplans, and let you control any device in the house. The UI is skinnable and multi-language. The mobile phone has a ‘follow-me’ feature so your media and other settings follow you from room to room. When you leave the house, it switches to gprs/wap. So the instant something happens at the house (burglar, doorbell, etc.) you get a live video feed, can control the house, and speak to the person through the stereos. It also includes a plug-and-play back-end for Squeeze Boxes, IP phones and cameras.

Check it out at plutohome.com. It’s already useable. If any of the Bemused team would like to work with us on a bridge so Bemused and Pluto can work together, or add support for other types of phones, we have forums or you can email chris.m (at) plutohome.com
xatax
Registered Member
Bemused support would be cool (although i have a 9210 communicator with IR port, no bluetooth).

About Pluto: WOW!
DanielW
Huh,

sorry for being not here so long.

Bemused is not forgotten but at the moment i try to make amarok more usable for me (the speed problem with sqlite makes me still using xmms very often).

And i think that he current bemusedlinuxserver code is very bad. So i rewrite would make sense.

jniklast:

i am VERY interessed in what you have done to bemused.

I am afraid that the symbian os client doesn\'t get any development from alex ibrado anymore. So when you have done something with it, conntact me. Just come to the amarok irc channel and talk to me.

andrei.g:

Huh pluto sounds very nice. Will have a look at it the next days. (some much to do, so much ideas, but sooo few time).

DanielW
jniklast
Hi,

sorry for not answering so long, I just didn\'t notice the new posts. Anyway, I further improved my version of bemused (added lyrics support). If you want to try or just have a look at it:
Click Me
jniklast
I have finished a new version which features a mouse mode (control your mouse via bluetooth) plus some bugfixes. Just Try it out:
http://scripternet.org/~ningo2/amused_0.5.tar.gz
Sam
Bemused support would be neat!! Apparently, several people work on bemused, I accidentally just stumbeled across this: http://bemused.sourceforge.net/node/view/181 , and there is the kbemused project as part of KDE, too.

I have a big BIG PLEEEAAASSSEE: Don\'t forget those who don\'t have a Series60 phone and issue a java-version of the client as well. That enlarges the userbase. (The current Java bemused client just supports the most basic functions.)

Kind regards
Sam
jniklast
Well, my version is developed for java and now has quite a lot of extra functions. I didn\'t do a lot in the last months though, but this seems to be the last stable Version, just try it out and tell me about bugs:
http://scripternet.org/jniklast/amused_0.5.tar.gz
jyoti

abt bemused

Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:03 am
sir

i have worked with bemused for controlling winamp using bemused with vc++ concept .
but i actuaaly want it to do with java . i have that client side program which are .jar and .jad files but how can i get supporting server side java based bemused.
please help me sir so that i con do this with java.

thank you