This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 1.2.* cjk - i18n support patch

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
magiclinux
I\'m one of the developers of Magic Linux. Would you please accept this asia languages (Chinese/Japanese/Koreal) support patch? It\'s clean enough, I think.

http://www.magiclinux.org/dev/final/upd ... -cjk.patch

The author of the patch is Mr. Jackey , and the patch is released under GPL.
eean
KDE Developer
OS
I assume this means there is currently a bug in regards to Asian characters?

I suppose someone giving us a patch without a reported bug is better then a bug without a patch. ;)

Amarok Developer
magiclinux
eean wrote:
I assume this means there is currently a bug in regards to Asian characters?

I suppose someone giving us a patch without a reported bug is better then a bug without a patch. ;)

Yeah! There are many bugs about cjk support. See the patch please. In fact, many kde and gnome programs have a lot of problems about cjk support. For example: If the wma files name is in gb2312/gbk/big5/gb18030 encode, you can not draw and drop them into the playlist. When you open a chinese file with right click menu, it shows wrong characters and doesn\'t work. Mp3 tag can be parsed correctly with this patch, too. But wma tag does not work( you cann\'t modify the tag)!
eean
KDE Developer
OS
amaroK doesn\'t have support for WMA tags at all.

But yes, those other bugs aren\'t cool.

Amarok Developer
magiclinux
Have you downloaded that patch? Our server is out of work right now, sorry.
Chris
The lack of CJK support is very disappointing;
I\'m using 1.2.4, it still has a LOT of problems with non-Ascii characters, the dotted o in Bjork for example. If you set the tags by hand, and select set everything to an Asian font, which is a bug, amarok should select an Asian font when needed.
you can see the characters in the collection browser for that session only until amarok tries to read the tags again.
The OSD never works with Asian characters.
As a knock on effect scrobbler doesn\'t work, searching for tracks doesn\'t work...
You could have saved yourself a lot of grief by using UTF-16 throughout, not sure why you didn\'t ! Otherwise you\'re forcing one fifth of the world to use iTunes!
markey
KDE Developer
OS
To my knowledge QString is internally utf-16. And yeah, I hate utf-8 too. I mean, I **** hate it. Worst. Idea. Ever.

Still, what you say can\'t be true. We have Russian users and stuff, they use the cyrillic alphabet, and apparently that works just fine. Perhaps you made a mistake with the \"Recode Tags\" feature, or something.

Post edited by: markey, at: 2005/07/25 14:39

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
nope, that doesnt work flawlessly either, at least for central european characters. when \"decode id3v1 tags as utf-8\" is selected garbage appears when editing tags and on osd. its been broken since 1.2.3 or 1.2.4, dont remember.
sebr
This is all quite strange.

Many european characters show perfectly in the playlist, but not in the context browser/statusbar/tooltip etc. I have lots of Israeli music in hebrew and but I don\'t have any problems at all...