This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

improvements for equalizer

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Andreas Pakulat

improvements for equalizer

Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:04 am
Hi,

as I have to use the builtin sound in my laptop I really need the equalizer to \"enhance\" it a bit. This works really good with xmms\' equalizer, but the one from amarok has 2 problems:

1. the volume is reduced as soon as I activate it (no settings done)

2. IMHO the effect is \"too little\", i.e. turning up the low frequency to the fullest in xmms is a huge difference to amarok.

Maybe that could be improved? Also a scale on the sliders would be really useful.

Andreas
EmIScA

Re:improvements for equalizer

Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:10 pm
I have the same problem with amarok equalizer with both xine engine and gstreamer engine. (the gstreamer engine equalizer lowers down volume less than xine engine).
In xmms I use for this purpose the equ plugin ( http://equ.sourceforge.net/ )with extra filtering actived and it does a very good job! I\'ve read that xine lib uses the same filters, why don\'t tune the xine-engine to use them better? (if that\'s possible...)
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Re:improvements for equalizer

Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:10 am
Well, xine-lib now has a working preamp. so thats some improvement.

Amarok Developer