This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Sharing amarok sidebar code kde wide

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
seppelrockt
I love the way amarok has inproved the sidebar in contrast to the standard sidebar of KDE apps (filling all the horizontal space, all \"tabs\" the same size, clear highlighting of active tab). Now I want to convince the devels of my favorite photo album app (digikam, www.digikam,org) to use this improved sidebar, too.

Can you provide a code snipped for that? Are you willing to make the amarok sidebar code available for all the KDE devels (note: I am NOT a devel), maybe replacing the old sidebar code or adding it so one can easily use it without rewriting?

I\'vre read in the past that it is very \"hacked\" compared to the default sidebar cause kdelibs/QT wasn\'t prepared for a sidebar like you did - any chance to improve the situation? Do you know whether kde4 will have better sidebar code?

All I want is to spread the great sidebar from amarok over the KDE world as the KDE sidebar just sucks (TM).
eean
KDE Developer
OS
Its open source, they can take it if they want it and I doubt any digikam dev would have trouble finding it. There\'s already some FTP program that uses the sidebar code.

It would be nice to get it integrated into KDE4. But actually the whole sidebar code is one big hack. So I don\'t know.

Amarok Developer
blue death
i\'m trying to port the sidebar to pure Qt (no kde dependencies), but i\'m having some problem :(

i get a segfault in MultiTabBar::updateSeparator() and i can\'t realize why!
the few changes i had to make shouldnt affect the updateSeparator() method :unsure:

anybody is interested in doing a quick port? i have no time to care about this or other problems right now, but i think the browser bar is a really nice AND usefull widget