This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

1.4 with libgpod ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Jason Holloway
Registered Member

1.4 with libgpod ?

Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:28 pm
I have libgpod from cvs compiled and installed.. When i compile amarok from cvn, it does not include ipod support. how do I get this to work? My reason for upgrading is for better ipod support..

Thanks in advance!
aumuell

Re:1.4 with libgpod ?

Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:22 pm
The use of libgpod within amaroK depends on pkg-config. Could you try
pkg-config --cflags libgpod-1.0
It should result in output similar to
-I/usr/local/include/gpod-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include
- depending on your installation paths.

If that does not work, the first step is to make sure that pkgconfig is really installed, the second to assure that the file libgpod-1.0.pc is really in your pkg-config search path - setting the env var PKG_CONFIG_PATH appropriately should do the trick.

Good luck!
Jason Holloway
Registered Member

Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:42 pm
Great! It worked.. Looks great, I was able to transfer files over without losing the database. Unfortunately amarok froze totally after completing the transfer. I also love the \'organize\' feature. Strangely enough, after organizing all of my tracks my stats are a little screwy. i.e. showing one song 10 times, and some albums showing 121 songs (11 of each or so. lol) I guess this will be ironed out eventually.
aumuell

Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:52 am
Hi i2ambler,

what does \"amarok froze totally\" mean? amarok stopped reacting for a couple of seconds (i already noticed that) or amarok stopped working indefinitely? Do you have any idea what might cause the hang? If there is no db corruption, then probably the transfer to the ipod finished successfully.
Jason Holloway
Registered Member

Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:44 pm
The transfer completed successfully, and amarok froze indefinitely, and could not be killed even with a kill -9. I think the amarok database was corrupt, because after doing an \'organize\' i started to see problems with the stats... i.e. an album list showing 221 songs instead of 12 as it should.. playlist of favourite songs would be the same 2 songs repeatedly 10 times. Ive blown the database away and started from scratch with mysql. Ill see if the organize works next time.