This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Sync with UMS devices?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Gaetan

Sync with UMS devices?

Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:43 pm
Hello,

As a proud owner of a new sexy multimedia device that is NOT ipod, I would like to know if there is any kind on synchronization plugin under way. My device (30 Go) doesn\'t use a database, just UMS to transfert and support, of course, playlists. I think with that it\'spossible to do something very nice.

I don\'t really know exactly how it would be implemented, but basically, you would just select a certain number of MP3 tree (album, or direct filesysteme selection) that would be synchronized to the player (mounted in /media/IAUDIO, for instance).
I would recommend using this selection not to put ALL file on the device, if it doesn\'t have enough left space on it.

Everything selected file is synchronized and playlist are generated in a PLAYLIST subdir. Playlists would kind of replace the missing database : hierarchical genre/Artist, 50 recents music, ... I know it would not replace the database, but this database is on the computer => amarok.

I would be very interested in making this plugin, I\'ve C++/QT/Python skills enough to do something, I would just like comments, help, or documentation recommendation (since I don\'t know the amarok architecture).

Gaetan