This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Mp3 player idea

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Fernando Manuel Gonçalves Santos
Registered Member

Mp3 player idea

Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:15 pm
Recently i recieved my new ipod (30gb). I was very ancious because all of my friends told me that it was very good.I\'ve never had one in my hands. In fact the mp3 player is very good. It\'s very simple to work with. It has a fantastic look and feel, and a very good sound quality.
But aren\'t all roses. I didn\'t like the idea of not having full funcionality using amarok, in this case I\'m forced to use itunes. I don\'t like the fact of not being able of manage the songs/photos/videos directly in the ipod. I need to have all the files that i have in ipod at itunes. But first of all i really don\'t like the NON-transparency of the mp3 player, by other words i have to import tracks to ipod using one specific protocol.
And all this things put me to think and it was great to have a Mp3 player with a king amarok build-in. With almost all the functionality of the PC-player, plus the function of be synced with amarok. A simple user interface. A good \"look and feel\". And a transparent data transfer.

PS-I forgot to say that i really miss the lyrics.

PS.2-Sorry for the bad english
fedoracore13

Re:Mp3 player idea

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:32 pm
There is an open source mp3 player called neuros I believe, If the amarok team could get togather with them and make an Amarok portable music player I would buy it in a second.
Fernando Manuel Gonçalves Santos
Registered Member

Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:21 am
I didn\'t know about this player. But the idea of an mp3 player with an Amarok built-in is fantastic. I hope that admins read this topic. :)
EvilGnome

Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:29 pm
You all might be interested in the iStation V43 from Digital Cube (and sold in the U.S. through Mistic Audio). It\'s actually a portable media player (not just music) so it\'s quite big and expensive, but on the other hand it runs an open source linux operating system, so it should be easy to develop for -- there are already a bunch of emulators and such running on it.

Anyway, I don\'t have one but I would almost definitely buy it if the amaroK developers were to work on something for it.

helpful links and info at
http://www.v43mania.com/
EvilGnome

Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:34 am
I\'ve posted about this before...can we please get some response from the developers?
sebr

Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:10 pm
seems unlikely that anything like this would happen. The best bet for your wishes would be enhancements of RockBox
Hans
Administrator
OS

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:00 pm
>> PS-I forgot to say that i really miss the lyrics.

Download and run this script. (Set export dir, export all lyrics, copy to iPod\'s notes dir).

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts