This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok for PalmOS Garnet and ALP?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
imported-Dark_Knight
Registered Member

Amarok for PalmOS Garnet and ALP?

Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:11 am
Is there any plans to port Amarok to PalmOS Garnet or to ALP (Access Linux Platform)? The latter of which is planned to be implemented in smartphones such as the Palm Treo either late 2006 or early 2007.

Reference: http://www.palmsource.com/press/2006/02 ... tform.html

Post edited by: Dark_Knight, at: 2006/04/18 01:13
borahshadow
Registered Member
I would personally LOVE this I have been thinking about it a lot and have quite a few Ideas
First I realized that this probably couldn't be  "port" it would have to be a separate application that would be able to integrate into Amarok.
It could sync as a media device like ipod's do or maybe some sort of conduit through kpilot.
I would love to see play list support/synchronization, statistic synchronization, mp3, ogg, and FLAC support support for the palms DIA (dynamic input area)
I currently only program in php but I was thinking about learning another language I might look what it takes to program on the palm and consider helping if this could become a possibility.