This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

any interest in jukebox mode?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Willie
Registered Member

any interest in jukebox mode?

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:28 pm
my friend and i are in the midst of building a home jukebox.  i love amarok because it handles my 30K plus song library with ease.  i would like to build a new UI to it that would alow it to work as a touchscreen jukebox.  im not that well versed in c++ (im a java programmer) but i think i can stumble my way thru it.  the question i have is are there anyone else out there willing to help put touchscreen mode into amarok.  im thinking something like winzip has where you can change between classic and wizard type UI.  of course the touchscreen mode won't be as full featured as the classic mode, but it doesn't have to be.  in my case, we are going to link the jukebox wirelessly into the rest of my network and have it run off of an NFS share using a common database as my main system.  that way i can administer the files and they just simply appear on the jukebox.  the only catch is i have to write a smalls script to sync the album covers folder, but thats not hard.

anyone else out there interested in helping plan and write this or should i just go buy pcjukebox?