This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Change "stop after queue"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
eje211
Registered Member

Change "stop after queue"

Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:19 pm
Some time ago, I made a feature request in bugzilla about the "stop after queue" function. The current one is one of the very few things that are not fantastic about Amarok. Right now, if you set "stop after queue" and then add to the queue, the "stop after queue" does not follow. What I think it should do is set a "switch" that says "stop after queue is on". When the player reaches the last track of the queue, it THEN, and not before, adds the "stop after track" switch.

I think this would be a lot better. Since that suggestion has stayed unanswered in bugzilla and no one implemented it, I'm thinking, why not try to implemented it myself? I have some programming experience (though only little with C++ specifically and none -- yet -- with Qt).

Is says in the FAQs that it's a good idea to announce patches, and I assume it meant they should be announced here. So I'm announcing this. After I've set up a build environment, is there something specific I should do next rather than dive into the code looking for the playlist class?

E.