This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

fullscreen GUI & larger cover images over dcop

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
comar
Registered Member
I've just published a new version on kde-apps.org

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=52641

but there are still some issues with the covers. Hopefully I'll have more time next week.
yaccin
Registered Member
comar wrote:I've just published a new version on kde-apps.org

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=52641

but there are still some issues with the covers. Hopefully I'll have more time next week.

yay :) thanks for the good work youve done already ^^

Oh.. someone suggestet lirc support, which isnt really neccesarry, because afaik amarok supports lirc,and since amarok is running in the background, he just needs to control amarok, not amarokFS o.O

Last edited by yaccin on Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yaccin
Registered Member
well with the patch provided on kde-apps.org i finally got my covers working...

maybe you can build the patch in and try boths ways zto get the paths to the covers and use the one that wirks? :)

//edit//

new mokup :D

Last edited by yaccin on Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
comar
Registered Member
yaccin wrote:well with the patch provided on kde-apps.org i finally got my covers working...

maybe you can build the patch in and try boths ways zto get the paths to the covers and use the one that wirks? :)

I'm working on this already...

I'm afrait that this one isn't possible. That would need some additional image manipulation which the Qt library doesn't offer.
I have to look at the alternatives - maybe opengl or imagemagick could do that.
yaccin
Registered Member
comar wrote:
yaccin wrote:well with the patch provided on kde-apps.org i finally got my covers working...

I'm working on this already...

yay thats so great  :D

I'm afrait that this one isn't possible. That would need some additional image manipulation which the Qt library doesn't offer.
I have to look at the alternatives - maybe opengl or imagemagick could do that.

hmm i would prefer openGL :D

but as long as it works i dont mind how its done... and its not a must have feature... its just something which makes it looks better, in my opinion :)

//edit//

oh, but maybe you can make play and pause to 1 single button? :)

Last edited by yaccin on Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
comar
Registered Member
there's a new version at http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=52641

any test-reports would be great
yaccin
Registered Member
comar wrote:there's a new version at http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=52641

any test-reports would be great

yay! works as it should out of the box :) (tried the ubuntu-package)...

maybe i can get trevino to add the latest packages into his repo :)
stokedfish
what ubuntu package?
comar
Registered Member
stokedfish wrote:what ubuntu package?

there's an ubuntu package on kde-apps.org
stokedfish
thx, found it!
stokedfish
when i set the amarok album cover previews to 50px ---> extremely pixelized **** looking covers in your fs-interface!

when i set the amarok album cover previews to 300px ---> great and non-pixelized looking covers in your fs-interface!

they should look great no matter what size I set the cover previews in amarok...

still in love with your script tho!
comar
Registered Member
stokedfish wrote:when i set the amarok album cover previews to 50px ---> extremely pixelized **** looking covers in your fs-interface!

when i set the amarok album cover previews to 300px ---> great and non-pixelized looking covers in your fs-interface!

they should look great no matter what size I set the cover previews in amarok...

still in love with your script tho!

whaaaahhhh!!!! this drives me crazy! There is simply no easy way how to get the full size image from amarok! I would have never thought that this would be such a problem....

I have to test this on my computer. I hope I'll find some solution  :confused:

BTW: right now I'm working on a skinnable version. It will be xml-based and allow custom button-images, fonts, sizes, position or to disable some elements at all.
cyrus007
Registered Member
Could you make a version integrated with Amarok using SIGNALS & SLOTS mechanism (fullscreen mode from the menu)? You can then submit a patch here and we can extend it to incorporate some of our ideas. I might play with some of mine from http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php/t ... 537.0.html
yaccin
Registered Member
0.4 looks really great :)

how does it work with the skins? :)
stokedfish
yaccin wrote:0.4 looks really great :)

how does it work with the skins? :)

the README file isn't there just for fun...  ;)