This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Resolved] import script musikcube -> amarok

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
meven
Registered Member
I used to use http://www.musikcube.com for a year. I have now a lot of statistics.

Then I switched to linux. And I want to keep those stats in my favorite audio player.

So I wrote a python script that read the information in the musikcube's database (sqlite) and insert it to the amarok's one(sqlite too).

But whereas the data are correctly inserted, amarok seems not to be aware of them.

So my question are:

• Is it because I don't insert uniqueid ?
  • Is it because I don't change the dates contained in the tags table ?
  • Is it because of something else I don't know ?

Thanks

Amarok rocks!

Last edited by meven on Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meven, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
eean
KDE Developer
OS
You don't need uniqueid I don't think, you do need a deviceid (this is my guess what your problem is).

Be sure to post your script somewhere (on the forums would be fine) when you got it working. :)

Amarok Developer
meven
Registered Member
You are right the bug was caused by deviceid, I added it and it worked.

I figured this out with help from IRC but I can't remember the name of my good samaritan.

So the script moves forward, i needs only some tests and I will publish it.

trollomat
Registered Member
Any news on this? Just switched from musikCube, and of course i'd like to keep all my statistics. :)

Please let me know if there is any way to import the database from mC.

Amarok is an awesome piece of software, thanks!
meven
Registered Member
I stopped to hack on this script because I started a new database from scratch but I can post here the latest version of my script.

It can work but need more testing and more design. I made it fast and dirty so the best thig to do would be you or anybody else to hack on the python script, using the simple tricks that took me much time to discover about the two database.
I discovered that the amarok database was much complicated and complete that the musikcube'one especially about date.

I would be ok to help in some way to make this script evolve if someone is ready to get involved.(post here i'll be notified)
I had the idea to make the script able to import stats from other music player( rythmbox banshee whatever) too but it would require more work that I am no more motivated to do alone.

So i am sorry but i can't provide you the magic script in wich i was dreaming some time ago.

Good luck !