This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

helping out with development

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
arvsr1988
Registered Member

helping out with development

Mon May 26, 2008 10:23 am
hey all,

I would like to help out in development of amarok.  I can help with documentation, testing,debugging or programming. I know C and C++ as of now but will learn anything required. So where do I start?
nhn
KDE Developer
OS

Re: helping out with development

Mon May 26, 2008 11:03 am
Hi!

We are always looking for more contributors, so I am sure that we can find something for you, depending on your interests. The best way to get involved is to join us on IRC channel #amarok on irc.freenode.net . Another option, if you want to do documentation, web-pages, artwork, or other promotion related stuff, is to join IRC channel #rokymotion which is where the promotion team hangs out.

If you want to help with code, the best way to get started is to get Amarok 2 build from source and start fixing whatever small annoyances you find and then sending us patches to the mailing list. But you really should join #amarok in any case, then we can also help you get Amarok 2 built.

- Nikolaj