This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Changing systray options segfaults

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
synaan
Registered Member

Changing systray options segfaults

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:29 am
Hey there!
First of all, as this is my first appearance here, I would like to thank you for the best audio player out there.

And now for my "problem". I'm not an experienced C/C++ coder but I do like to poke around and I'm one of those types that like to customize their applications. That's what FOSS is all about, right? :)

The code in question is 1.4.9.1.

Anyways, I was wanting to add a "Stop Playing After Track" option to the systray menu. I opened up systray.cpp and there you have the the code that adds play/pause,stop,next,prev. What I at first did was just copy one line and change the action to "stop_after" (which I found to be the action name, greping the rest of the code).

However, after I built it and ran it, it segfaulted before even appearing. The gdb-produced output that ends in the mail report has the systray mentioned near the top, it segfaultss right after it. Then I tried building it without the change, and it worked fine. So, I thought to myself "maybe the menu is somehow limited in how many items can be put in"; strange I know, that doesn't sound like a possibility with QT. But hey, okay, I reedited the code and just changed the "stop" action to "stop_after", just to see if that would work. However, it didn't. It segfaulted as it did the first try.

So, as I can't seem to see the deal here, is there some difference in the way some actions need to be added to a menu, or is there some context in which they need to work (this being out of it)? Like, it will only work in the playlist?

I hope I'm clear enough, I would've pasted the code but am not at work right now and can't get to it. I've asked around #amarok but that gave no answers (but to wait for someone else, and that I am still doing).

Thanks in advance!

syn
eean
KDE Developer
OS
Sounds like there isn't an action named "stop_after".

Amarok Developer