This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How do I get the database's url parameter in a convient way?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
imported-l3u
Registered Member
Hi :-)

I wrote a Python script that logs all songs listened to an SQLite database. See http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=82041 . I fetch the url of the song just listened by doing
stdin = stdin.strip()
foo, url, prevscore, playcount, length, percentage, reason = stdin.split(" ")
Then I query the database via DCOP to get the data I want by
dcop amarok collection query ...
where I do something like
SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE tags.url="..."
I process the url parameter with
url = urllib.unquote(url)
url = url.replace('/home', '.')
That worked fine for me, I had all my music in ~/Musik/. To be able to also query music outside of ~, I added
if url[0] != ".":
url = ".%s" % url
and it worked for music in some subdirectory of /var. But it seems that this is still not working for all cases ... at least, a user posted an error on kde-apps (see above). I can't reproduce it and I did not find a howto to get that tag url parameter out of the url parameter passed to the scripts in a documentation or something like this.

It's a bit confusing what Amarok does ...

/home/tobias/Musik/Alben/Clawfinger/1993 Deaf Dumb Blind/07. Warfair.mp3 is stored as
./tobias/Musik/Alben/Clawfinger/1993 Deaf Dumb Blind/07. Warfair.mp3 ("/home" is replaced by ".", 5 subdirectories)

/var/vm/shared/Last.fm/Autopilot Off/Looking Up/Pivot.mp3 seems to referenced as
./var/vm/shared/Last.fm/Autopilot Off/Looking Up/Pivot.mp3 (here's just a "." put before the string -- 6 subdirectories)

and the user reporting the bug has a file named
/media/mp3/Singles/Alternative Electronic/St. Germain - Sure Thing.mp3 that is stored as
./Singles/Alternative Electronic/St. Germain - Sure Thing.mp3 in the database (the first two directories replaced by "." and just two subdirectories left -- Huh?!)

I just don't get it ;-)

So ... it would be very kind if anybody could explain it to me :-)

Greetings, Tobias

Last edited by imported-l3u on Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dangle_wtf
Check how you have selected the directories in Amarok's collection config page - whether you have higher-level directories selected should correlate to how many directory levels are stored in the db.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
imported-l3u
Registered Member
Okay, that sounds meaningful ... but how can my script know what the user has selected? I should not only work for me but for everybody ...

I think I soved the problem: there's a DCOP function collection relativePath that seems to do the trick. Thanks anyway :-)

Last edited by imported-l3u on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.