This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 2 - Get current track position in ms and widgets

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
De_Dood
Registered Member
OS
Hello all,

I'm starting to experiment with Amarok 2 in preparation to write a new version of my Amalyp script for Amarok 2.
So the first thing I wanted to try was to get the current position in a playing track in milliseconds. I can't however find a function to do this in the documentation (http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/Script_API). Although I don't know if this page documents all the functions available for Amarok 2 (Is there a way to get a list of the available functions?).
So is there a function to do this or not?

My second question is about the widgets, more specific about the Lyrics Applet.
Since my Amalyp script is a lyrics script I would like to use the lyrics applet to show the lyrics (sounds logical). But since it isn't static text (Amalyp is kind of a Karaoke script) I don't know if it possible to us this widget. So far I have only seen static text in this widget and for the purpose of Amalyp I need to animate the text. So is this possible in the Lyrics Applet, and if so how do I do something like that? If not, where can I find documentation on writing my own widget?

Thanks an kind regards,

Tim
markey
KDE Developer
OS
De_Dood wrote:I'm starting to experiment with Amarok 2 in preparation to write a new version of my Amalyp script for Amarok 2.
So the first thing I wanted to try was to get the current position in a playing track in milliseconds. I can't however find a function to do this in the documentation (http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/Script_API). Although I don't know if this page documents all the functions available for Amarok 2 (Is there a way to get a list of the available functions?).
So is there a function to do this or not?

What about: int trackPosition() const

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
De_Dood
Registered Member
OS
Mark Kretschmann wrote:What about: int trackPosition() const

I tried that one and it gives the time in seconds, I need to have the time more precise then seconds.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Ok there has actually been an internal discussion in our team about using milliseconds everywhere in Amarok engine code, so we might either make this function return ms in 2.1, or add an additional function which does this.

You could make a bug report (bugs.kde.org) so that we won't forget.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
De_Dood
Registered Member
OS
Oké, thanks. I will.
Good luck with the further development of Amarok 2