This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Import iTunes ratings to Amarok 2

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bumpl
Registered Member

Import iTunes ratings to Amarok 2

Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:46 pm
Hi,

i'm new to Linux and Amarok. I've read about some script to import iTunes ratings into Amarok 1.*
Now I want to use Amarok 2 but i need to import the ratings.

As Amarok 2 uses embedded MySQL there is no possibility to manipulate the database to import the ratings?
The only programmings languages i can use are PHP. Python and (but better not) C++.

So, is there any way to import the ratings to amarok 2?
If not, is should install amarok 1.4* but I don't find the download link (every link refers to amarok 2).

Thanks

bumpl
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Import iTunes ratings to Amarok 2

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:21 am
Amarok 2 has an iTunes importer already built-in :)

Go to Settings -> Configure Amarok -> Collection, then click "Import Collection".

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
bumpl
Registered Member

Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:05 pm
Thanks.

I've seen the "import" options, but when I select the iTunes Library, there is nothing shown to import.
Do the entries in the iTunes Library have to point to the right location?

I wrote a script that imports ratings to Amarok 1.4.10 database and imported the this database to amarok 2.
Unfortunately, some ratings got lost (100 out of 5000).

I can live with that, but if the iTunes-import would work for me, that would be great.

bumpl
sebr

Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:15 pm
The iTunes importer only works on a Mac (and possibly windows), due to filepath reasons. We'll try expand it to be a little more intelligent.