This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to tag songs within a script in Amarok 2.0?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gaillou
Registered Member
OS
Hi everybody, I've started writing a script that looks for the tracks info on discogs.
I was currently able to retrieve informations and to display them and I was wondering if there's a simple way to edit tag info with Amarok's methods or if it's necessary  to use an external app  to do the tagging work?
gaillou
Registered Member
OS
So here's what I've done so far :

for(i=0;(i {
Amarok.Playlist.trackAt(i).title=discogs.elementsByTagName( "track" ).at(i).firstChildElement( "title").text();
}

So this way the track is well tagged inside Amarok however the mp3 file isn't modified and if I do sth like  "touch file.mp3" then Amarok retrieves the original tags. The only way I found to have the tags written into the file is to modify them manually after and to save the changes. So is there a way to tell amarok to write the tags into the file inside my script ??
markey
KDE Developer
OS
The whole current scripting API is listed here:

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/ ... _HowTo_2.0

If you would like to request enhancements to the API, please report a wish on bugs.kde.org.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
gaillou
Registered Member
OS
This issue seems to have been fixed in SVN version. I hope the new version will be released quickly in order to publish my discogs script. Thanks.
gaillou
Registered Member
OS
Sorry to bother you with my questions :D but is there a variable that corresponds to the disc number ? I can't find any info on this in the doc.
gaillou
Registered Member
OS
I'm sorry it was discNumber with a capital N :D
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Sorry, I don't know this. All API details should be listed in our Scripting HowTo.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
eean
KDE Developer
OS
gaillou wrote:This issue seems to have been fixed in SVN version. I hope the new version will be released quickly in order to publish my discogs script. Thanks.

The issue wasn't fixed in SVN, as far as I could tell. Amarok wasn't writing changes to metadata to the file when edited from QtScript.

However I just committed the fix.

Amarok Developer
gaillou
Registered Member
OS
Ok thanks.