This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

playlist2cd script stopped working in svn

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rotzbouw
Registered Member
hi, if i recall correctly, the playlist2cd script worked fine in amarok 2.0.1.1 but unfortunately it stopped doing so in svn. the script is a really small piece of code, so maybe one of the devs immediately know what's going wrong in it:

Code: Select all
Importer.loadQtBinding( "qt.core" );

function BurnCD() {
    var PlaylistItems = Amarok.Playlist.filenames();
    PlaylistItems.unshift("--audiocd");
    QProcess.execute("k3b", PlaylistItems);
    }

Amarok.Window.addToolsMenu( "K3B", "Write Audio CD", "k3b" );

Amarok.Window.ToolsMenu.K3B.triggered.connect( BurnCD );

cheers!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
You will have to get in touch with the author of the script, as the scrips are third party software.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
gaillou
Registered Member
OS
It seems that something has changed in the way of loading qt bindings. Could you tell us how we are supposed to load them now?
gaillou
Registered Member
OS
I think this issue happens because of the fact that qtscript is an external package now. I finally succeeded in building SVN in FC11 Beta but it looks like amarok doesn't know the location of the bindings maybe someone who really knows what's going on could bring some explanations about this, it's pretty annoying not to be able to use any script especially when you spent a lot of time coding one.
gaillou
Registered Member
OS
Now that I have succeeded in building qt bindings I had the same issue with scripts I've written, it comes from the triggered signal , the syntax has changed you have to replace "K3B.triggered" by "K3B['triggered()']"
rotzbouw
Registered Member
You made my day, thanks a lot!