This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[2.2.1 GIT] No collection updates

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

[2.2.1 GIT] No collection updates

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:45 pm
Current git (for about a week or so) doesn't update the collection on changes, only a full rescan helps.
Amarok recognizes that, there are changes. The scanner shortly starts, but the database doesn't get updated, neither on removal nor on adding tracks.
Anybody out there with the same symptoms?

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Yes, same thing here. Jeff?

Edit: just tested with the latest build, it works now.

m0nk, current git would be of today, a week ago is not really current :)

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
I've made the experience, that it's always a good idea to read the postings carefully;-).
I didn't write that my git version is one week old, but the problem started about a week ago. I build daily.
And since when are bugs filled under Development?
And no, doesn't work with the build from this evening.
Moved the newly added folder out of my collection tree, Amarok announced the scan, but no updates. I moved the folder back...again the indicator starts... with no effort.
I don't use any special chars in my UTF pathes, but never had a prob with them

Greetings
m0nk

jefferai
I haven't moved folders in and out of the collection, but I have moved files around between folders and had the incremental scanner pick up the changes.

You *are* restarting Amarok after each scan, right? As in, you're not relying on what the Collection Browser is showing you when determining whether changes were or were not caught? If you haven't been, try restarting Amarok after the scan and see if things look sane then.
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
It wasn't necessary until now to restart Amarok after adding tracks. I moved th tracks/folders out and in, because it helped in the ancient times of 2.0, if you remember.
The counter doesn't get updated anymore and searching after the added tracks in the collection browser is effortless, too.
I've done a full rescan tonight... latest additions don't appear, but the penultimate.

m0nk

jefferai
Dieter Schroeder wrote:It wasn't necessary until now to restart Amarok after adding tracks.

It's always been necessary in the 2 series. It's been broken the entire way, and still is.
Dieter Schroeder wrote:I moved th tracks/folders out and in, because it helped in the ancient times of 2.0, if you remember.

No, I don't remember this.
Dieter Schroeder wrote:The counter doesn't get updated anymore and searching after the added tracks in the collection browser is effortless, too.
I've done a full rescan tonight... latest additions don't appear, but the penultimate.

You didn't actually answer the question.
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
Since 2.2 collection updates worked on my installation. I noticed it, when playback has been stopped. The album applet showed me the last additions, the collection tree closed and reopened and I could search successfully search the collection (without restarting)
Moving a folder out of the collection, "touch"ing it and moving it back caused amarok to scan the collection.
And yes I've restarted Amarok (several times). If I didn't, I wouldn't have noticed, that the penultimate tracks were added.

Btw. If it never worked, how could Mamarok write that it works in her build again?

m0nk

Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: [2.2.1 GIT] No collection updates

Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:21 pm
m0nk, your initial description was less than clear, that's why :)

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
jefferai
Dieter Schroeder wrote:blah blah

You *still* didn't answer the question.
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
What's your question?
Can only find 2 in your posts.
You *are* restarting Amarok after each scan, right?
and
you're not relying on what the Collection Browser is showing you when determining whether changes were or were not caught?

Yes, I've restarted Amarok several times and yes I rely on the collection browser.
But what is YOUR problem?
Perhaps we're talking about different applications.

Anyway, current git (from today) doesn't build a collection at all. Scans, but no database.
But mmodbar is back. Great. Now there are headlights on a car with a broken engine.

m0nk

Mamarok
Manager
OS
That is solved now in git, rv2.2.1-72-g10981d1 solves it (from yesterday evening, 22:00 UTC+1). It works for me.
Keep in mind that reactions are much faster in IRC, the forum is not exactly the perfect media for GIT bug handling...

Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
Unfortunately the latest git updates the collection again.
Sorry, Jeff

m0nk