This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Reopening closed "collection / context / playlist" windows

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Raffaella
Registered Member
OS
Hi,
I have just run into an issue with amarok 2.2: collection, context and playlist windows, once closed, cannot be opened again, the result of which is
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2699/409 ... 52d4_o.jpg
which leads to almost no usability at all.

Another issue that I think may be linked to this one is that (after closing the above mentioned windows) the play buttons bar is always on top of all windows, even when amarok is minized or just opened in the system tray. Here you can see it
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2671/410 ... 3457_o.jpg

The only way I've found to solve it is deleting the file ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/layout and restarting amarok, which comes up with the default configuration. But maybe some "view" options would be better ;)

Hope everything is clear, my English is not so good.

Thanks,
Raffaella
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Did you try a right click on the empty space?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Raffaella
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:Did you try a right click on the empty space?

It works.
Now I DO feel silly ;)

Thanks!
markey
KDE Developer
OS
No need to feel silly about that. This was in fact a usability issue in Amarok.

We have addressed it in 2.2.1 by adding a "View" menu to the main menu bar, to make this more discoverable :)

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Raffaella
Registered Member
OS
markey wrote:No need to feel silly about that. This was in fact a usability issue in Amarok.

We have addressed it in 2.2.1 by adding a "View" menu to the main menu bar, to make this more discoverable :)

Well, happy for having given help, then :)
Thanks!