This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok scripts and GUI

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Batpio
Registered Member
OS

Amarok scripts and GUI

Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:12 am
Hi,
I would like to write a script that supports Jamendo (I lack a few options in the built-in service), but I have a problem with designing a convenient GUI. So I have a question. Do amarok scripts allow to change the appearance of playlist (adding components, buttons, tabpanels), or it is only possible in the services written in C + +?

Do you plan to improve the Jamendo service?
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Amarok scripts and GUI

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:40 am
Batpio wrote:I would like to write a script that supports Jamendo (I lack a few options in the built-in service), but I have a problem with designing a convenient GUI. So I have a question. Do amarok scripts allow to change the appearance of playlist (adding components, buttons, tabpanels), or it is only possible in the services written in C + +?

At this point scripted services only have access to specific parts of Amarok:

1) The Service Collection.
2) The "Tools" menu.

I think that's about it, from the top off my head. We might extend this however in future versions. Patches are always welcome to help improve this.

Also see here:

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/ ... _HowTo_2.0

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer