This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

script / getting selected track's infos in playlist?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jahzz13
Registered Member
OS
Hello',
I'm trying to write a small script in ruby, I've learned in 20 minutes...60 minutes ago (that's the ruby "anthem"="learn ruby in 20 minutes") for Amarok 1.4, and I actually can't find how to get the selected track of the playlist context...
I've seen the DCOP method "int getActiveIndex() Returning the index of the currently active track" but the track I'd like to find is the one who's selected, not played...
The goal is to select one mp3 file and to split it (when it's associated with a ".cue" file), and then to store the generated files in the collection. It's working fine with shell but I'd like to integrate something in Amarok, does anyone has the same issue?
Thanks ;)
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
You are not going to find much support for version 1.4 here. It's years old, and not being updated. Why not work on your script for an up-to-date version -- if not from git, at least 2.2.2, the last release?
jahzz13
Registered Member
OS
Hi Valoriez,
Ok, thanks for your reply, I'll try to update my amarok's version, I'm working with this version because my Os version (UbuntuStudio) is an old one...like my machine!
But thank you for your quick answer
:)
markey
KDE Developer
OS
I'd recommend making a backup of your $HOME, and then installing this:

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

And then, you can install this here easily:

http://www.kubuntu.org/news/amarok-2.2.2

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
jahzz13
Registered Member
OS
Hi Markey,
Thanks for this idea, but the constrain is that I'd like to keep my gnome interface, and my os version is not very flexible about this point too, it's a linux/debian "music assisted" oriented distribution, with a real time kernel (for the sound's "treatement")
To use amarok, I have to stop Xine and start jackd (etc...) and I think I can't (for the moment) perform an os update, because my machine is too old...not even multicore arch' for now and only 2Ghz RAM...and this is probably the main problem'! ;)
When I'll be rich enought'...when I'll be a rock star *;)
Thank you for your reply, and thank you for you very good and appreciated work with amarok'
Mamarok
Manager
OS
With 2 Gb of RAM you have plenty of power to run a newer installation, believe me, I have been running KDE 4 with as little as 512 Mb of RAM :)

Also, Amarok 2.x doesn't handle sound itself but lets Phonon do it. We recommend to use the phonon-backend-xine for now.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...