This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Setting a song Coverart

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
erzapito
Registered Member
OS

Setting a song Coverart

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:32 pm
I'm trying to develop a script to get the coverart from the id3 tag. ¿How can the image be set? I'm trying inserting the new image at the "images" table and setting the correct id at the "albums" table, but that doesn't seem to work.

¿Has anyone some idea about how to achieve this?

Thanks.
erzapito
Registered Member
OS

Re: Setting a song Coverart

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:23 pm
I managed to set the images, but I have a couple of problems:

First: reading the id3 cover art with javascript is very, very cpu cosuming. Is there a way to read the id3 tags from amarok?

Second: I set the coverart for the currently playing song and sometimes it doesn't load it at the moment, but the next time a song from the same album is loaded. I'm going to try to load images at different times to see changes.

Suggestions are welcomed, thanks.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Setting a song Coverart

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:07 am
The cover art from id3 tags reading has only just been implemented in Amarok. You should try the git version or wait a few days more for Amarok 2.3, due in about 10 days.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...