This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Opening links in external browser [Amarok 1.4.10]

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alabarre
Registered Member
OS
Hi all,

I wrote a script for Amarok 1.4.10 that downloads upcoming events from Last.Fm for the currently playing artist and appends them to whatever content is already displayed in the context. Those events consist of URL's that I'd like to open in an external browser, but unfortunately clicking them loads the Artist tab (although no page loads) and the user must then click the "Open in external browser" to finally see the page in his browser.

Any ideas?

Last edited by alabarre on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Re: Opening links in external browser

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:49 am
Alabarre -- are you updating your script for Amarok 2.X, or for 1.4? Support is for the 2.X series here. 1.4 is dead code.

That said, someone is working on an applet for Upcoming Events -- looks like ldeveaux: Ludovic Deveaux is the one to talk to about that.
alabarre
Registered Member
OS
I'm only interested in 1.4 scripting (even though I'm well aware that it's not supported anymore and that there's a new version out there), sorry if that wasn't clear. Thanks for the info anyway.
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
Perhaps you can add the version in the subject or something like 'I'm riding a dead horse'. Just to save some time while reading through the posts.

Regards
Deiter

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.