This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

scoring scripts

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MeisterLampe1
Registered Member

scoring scripts

Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:29 pm
Hi everyone.
For Amarok 1.4 there was a handy signal called "RequestNewScore" with every kind of information you could need for calculating a new score i.e. the old score, the url, number of times listened to the track etc. Now my question is: in Amarok 2.x is there a similar signal? Otherwise scoring scripts should be rather hard to develop since the "TrackChanged" signal only gives the url of the new track...
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: scoring scripts

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:30 pm
MeisterLampe1 wrote:Hi everyone.
For Amarok 1.4 there was a handy signal called "RequestNewScore" with every kind of information you could need for calculating a new score i.e. the old score, the url, number of times listened to the track etc. Now my question is: in Amarok 2.x is there a similar signal? Otherwise scoring scripts should be rather hard to develop since the "TrackChanged" signal only gives the url of the new track...

We've removed this feature, as it wasn't very popular, and also kinda obscure.

So the formula is now hardcoded in Amarok, you could change it if you build Amarok yourself.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
MeisterLampe1
Registered Member

Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:51 pm
Any chance this comes back? Now the scoring-script community may not be the biggest but nevertheless you have to admit that this kind of makes developing scoring scripts a thing of the past...
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:13 am
MeisterLampe1 wrote:Any chance this comes back? Now the scoring-script community may not be the biggest but nevertheless you have to admit that this kind of makes developing scoring scripts a thing of the past...

Quite honestly:

No, very little chance. As I explained, the feature was not very popular. We cannot add every feature to Amarok that users request (although we try to be helpful), because then it would become one monster of an application.

Thanks for understanding :)

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer