This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Ipod development support

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Bausparfuchs
Registered Member
OS

Ipod development support

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:06 am
Hi developers,

Is anyone currently developing the Ipod integration in amarok? Is there anyone of you who wants to do such a thing anyway? Xevix, who did the most of the ipod stuff so far said once that he even has no ipod to test the things with.

When I made the decision to get a new device with a far better amarok integration than my **** Ipod (viewtopic.php?f=116&t=93302), the idea came to my mind that it would be helpful for the amarok developer community to have an ipod device for testing. So I thought about donating my ipod to you developers instead of making my annual money donation.

Now, the question to Markey, Mamarok, et al. is the following:

Is anyone of you devs anyway interested to work on a better Ipod support in Amarok? If not, my Idea would not make much sense. But If you had any dev who wants to do some ipod stuff and the only thing that prevents him or her to do it is the fact that he or her does not own such a device to test the stuff, I would be glad to donate my Nano 4G to him or her for working on it, as soon as I get a new player.

Please don't see this as an offer to pay a developer for coding ;-) That is not my intention. But if there was no interest in the dev community to develop the ipod integration I think it would be better to sell the ipod and make a money donation as usual.

Please let me know, what you think about that, here or on freenode.

Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Ipod development support

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:06 am
Could you please send a mail to amarok-devel@kde.org about that? Not all of our developers do read the forum and some don't use IRC, so the mailing list is pretty much the best way to get in touch with all of them.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Bausparfuchs
Registered Member
OS

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:26 pm
Myriam, thanks for your answer. You were the only one at all who answered. It has been about a week since I wrote an e-mail to the mailing list, as suggested by you and about nine days since I made the post here. I even asked markey directly on freenode, without any kind of reaction. It simply would have been cool to get at least any answer instead of no reaction. I wished any of you had said to me a simply "there is no interest atm" or something like that.

At least it was a try. And fortunately amarok rocks with or without ipods ;-)

Jochen

Mamarok
Manager
OS

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:22 pm
Well, it's not always easy to get hold of all developers, there was indeed discussion on the internal channel but so far apparently nobody of the developers that are around would need it. Sorry this was not communicated.

We do currently gather ideas and submissions for GSoC and it might be useful to some of the students if they work on the Media Devices stack. Please stay in touch.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...