This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to query the internal database?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Brack
Registered Member
OS

How to query the internal database?

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:58 am
I recently upgraded my OS which comes with amarok 2.4.0. Before that I was on some 1.4.x version of amarok.

That version stored its database in sqlite (~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/collection.db) and I knew how to query that - using the graphical wxSQLite+.

Now amarok 2.4.0 obviously stores the database in ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/mysqle which I found out to be mysql embedded (rather obviously). But I can't seem to find a way to query that with third party tools. All I find is information about how to program mysql embedded.

Are there any ready-to-use tools to query arbitrary mysql embedded databases?
Brack
Registered Member
OS
Ok, I found an entry in a German forum: http://www.unixboard.de/vb3/showthread. ... -verbinden

What I was missing is: I need to start a "normal" instance of the mysql server with the proper parameters and then can use all the usual mysql tools:

Code: Select all
cd $(kde4-config --path data | cut -f1 -d:)/amarok
/usr/bin/mysqld_safe --defaults-file=$(pwd)/my.cnf --default-storage-engine=MyISAM --datadir=$(pwd)/mysqle --socket=$(pwd)/sock --skip-grant-tables &
sleep 3
mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -S $(pwd)/sock amarok