This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Comment changer la langue d'amaroK?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
formatou
Registered Member

Comment changer la langue d'amaroK?

Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:01 am
Bonjour!
Je sais que ma question peut paraître bizarre mais j'aimerais avoir l'interface d'amarok en anglais! Comment faire? Je n'ai pas trouvé d'option dans les menus et j'ai eu beau parcourir certains fichiers de configuration de amaroK, je n'ai rien trouvé :-/
Alanceil
Registered Member
OS
Forgive me that I answer in english, but my french skills are mostly read-only :)

I suggest you try changing your language variable. An example:

LANG=en_GB ls --help
gives an english help text

LANG=fr_FR ls --help
gives a french help text

the same should be true with amarok (LANG=en_GB amarokapp).
You might also try to self-compile it - i found this the easiest way to ensure that you get the program in the language you like.

PS: I hope I got the question right :)
PS2: Just remembered that there is a language option in kcontrol -> regional -> country/region & language. The tradeoff is that you would get the whole kde in english.
formatou
Registered Member
Thank you very much!
I didn't know that there was a language variable! Besides, it's an easy solution : that's good for me lol
Before you answer me, I remember that I can change my language with gdm when starting a session... But I had a bug with amarok and it didn't function (he didn't want to start... Strange!). Nevertheless, your method works perfectly so it's ok! Thank you!
EcApS
Registered Member
Bonjour,

J'aimerais faire l'inverse Anglais => Français. J'ai compilé moi même, mais pas moyen de trouver comment le mettre en FR  :confused:

Si quelqu'un a une idée ?  :smilie:
Enfin trouvé: executable "msgfmt", rpm gettext.  :eek:

Last edited by EcApS on Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.