This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

remove next track from que

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
DieselPower
Registered Member

remove next track from que

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:39 am
I use amarok 12 hrs a day at my workplace, and there is one thing I would love to see added.

When I'm listening to a long playlist with track progression set to random, the next rendomly selected song appears to the right of the currently paying song in the main toolbar. lets just say it's a song I don't want to hear now. I only have two options, one is to wait until the current song is done and then skip the offending song, and the other is to skip both immediatly. I would be great pop up a red "X" icon or so right next to it on hover, that would remove it from the random que or just re-populate the random que. Baically just an easy way to skip the next song ahead of time.

I hope thats clear, it's late and my thinking is probably not the sharpest right now!
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: remove next track from que

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:34 pm
How about right-click on it and remove it from the playlist?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
DieselPower
Registered Member

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:45 am
Because it may be 6 pages down in the playlist and you have no idea where... and maybe you don't want to change the playlist anyway. If you could just simply re-sead the next random song with one click....

Some of us keep our whole collection in the playlist, (days worth) and set it to random and just use it for a radio all day long.

I hope that helps explain.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:20 am
Well, that is certainly not how Amarok is meant to be used, why don't you make a dynamic playlist, just setting to random? Then you can easily do what I suggested, and it will not slow down Amarok unnecessarily by overloading the playlist.

I know people do that, but believe me, you should NOT load the complete collection in the playlist, this is just not the correct way to use Amarok, and it is not designed to be used like that.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...