This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Double Click difficulty

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Deri
Registered Member
OS

Double Click difficulty

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:56 pm
I use KDE in one click mode, due to a disabilty I find it difficult to click in the same position to register a "double-click".

I know that if Amarok is stopped (or playing a track) you can switch to another track by double clicking another track in the playlist, but I have not found an alternative to achieve the same thing with one click. Is there an alternative? If not, would it be possible to put "Jump to here” in the right click menu or some other solution. It is probably more common to want to jump to a particular track than rename a track, which is what I get if I do two single clicks (trying to double click but too slowly to register as a double).

Thank you for my favourite audio player.

Cheers

Deri
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Double Click difficulty

Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:09 pm
Which exact Amarok version is this about?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Deri
Registered Member
OS

Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:46 pm
Amarok
Version 2.7.1
Using KDE 4.10.5

Although using double click to select a particular track in the play list has been around for some time.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:47 pm
There have been changes in that reagard in Amarok 2.8.0, please upgrade and try again.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Double Click difficulty  Topic is solved

Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:24 am
Also note that if you select a track and then press the enter key, this will have the same effect as having double clicked the track.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Deri
Registered Member
OS

Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:57 pm
Perfect. Many thanks.
daveybops
Registered Member

Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:48 pm
I think it comes down to a bizarre choice to set the double-click speed to beyond-fast, and remove the option to vary the double-click speed in KDE Plasma 5.18 (I can't find it).

In an earlier KDE, it was kinda where you'd expect to find it - mouse settings.

Double-click speed is from the release of the first click to the press of the second, so if it helps you to achieve the seemingly impossible speed required, make the first click as long as you need it to be.