This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

improvement of the kontext menu

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
René
Registered Member

improvement of the kontext menu

Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:35 am
I think when it would be an improvement of amarok when you make the kontext menu more powerful (it's quite a bad translation, but I hopw you will understand it) with the follow points:

1. Like a home menu. You see in this view the five or ten most played albums or artists with cover or all in a list ordered by score.

2. When you click on a artist, you see the most played album of him. Exactly the same view like when you play a track of this album. This menu you can watch on three ways. One with lyrics from the track hows played (if the track isn't playing, so he is with viewing this menu), one with the tracks on this album and one with the albums from this artist (Listed with cover, year, genre, number of tracks etc...)

you can imagine it like that:
-------------------------------------------
| Current playing |
| [ - - ] ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ |
| [ - - ] ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ |

[Favorit Tracks] [ Favorit Albums]
[Favorit Artist] [Newest Tracks]

[ Favorit Albums ]

[ - - - ] Artis: ~~~~~~~~~
[ - 1- ] Album: ~~~~~~~~~
[ - - - ] Year: ~~~~~~~~~~

[ - 2- ] Album: ~~~~~~~~~

[ - 3- ] Album: ~~~~~~~~~

(if something is played or selected, the structure is like this:)

| Current playing |
| [ - - ] ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ |
| [ - - ] ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ |

[Home] [Lyrics] [Tracks on this album]
[Albums from this Artis] [Favorit Tracks by this album]

home
|
|- - Artist 1
| |- Lyrics (from the most played Album, when no track from this artist is played, the
| | track wich lyrics is show will start playing
| |- Tracks on this album
| |- Albums from this Artist
| | -> by pressing on one of the albums, you will automatically see the Album informations | | from this album (= the normal view of )
| |-Favorit Tracks by this album
|
|- - Artist 2
| |- the same
René
Registered Member

Re:improvement of the kontext menu

Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:38 am
by pressing a Track in the Tracks on this album menu, the selected track will start

sorry for that post, at the end it becames a chaos...
but hopefully you see what I've meant....
Max Howell
Alumni

Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:27 am
I don't understand why people call it the context menu? It's the context-browser, it's not a menu. The context menu is the thing that pops up when you right click stuff. The context browser has a context menu! Hence I just get confused.

Your ideas are good, but the main problem I see is knowing where you are if you start navigating it. We don't have back/forward buttons like a browser. Best way would to keep the page you are on and add boxes inside it for the new bits.

Max
René
Registered Member

Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:00 am
sorry Kontext browser!!!
I use the german version that's the reason why I called it wrong.

I think, if a song is playing, the Current playing display is alway son the position it's now. By clicking on the artist, you go to Artist information and by clicking on the Trackname or the cover you go to the Album information. For switching in the artist, you have 5 buttons [Home] [Lyrics] [Tracks on this album] [Albums from this Artis] [Favorit Tracks by this album].

I think it is not needed to have a forward functions, but I backward function would be nice.
When you have a database with the informations about the songs, why not use this so strong you can.
Markylane
Registered Member

Re: improvement of the kontext menu

Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:25 am
          Good suggestion in improving our kontext menu, well it is organize.