This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Partial track repeat / loop over part of a track

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
TomWitt
Registered Member
OS
It would be great to have a repeat mode which enables the user to select part of a track and continuously loop over just that selection.

This could probably be handled by a plugin. 

I think there was a request for this functionality by another user a couple of years ago but I don't recall seeing a solution.
andre_orwell
Registered Member
I'd like to add a vote for this feature!  It is something that is really hard to find in any music player. 

Looping, combined with the ability to alter the playback speed and pitch are features craved by musicians who want to learn / practice by playing along with a track.  Perhaps implementation as an applet/plugin/whatever the A2 concept is would be appropriate?

Thanks for listening.

andre_orwell, :-[
markey
KDE Developer
OS
No way, sorry. Amarok is not a DJ application!

There are special applications for that which can do these things much, much better than Amarok ever could.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
andre_orwell
Registered Member
Excuse me?  DJ application?

Nothing of the sort was requested  :confused:

Winamp has plugins (winamp has several) for allowing pitch and tempo shifting as well as looped playback.  I don't know of any similar app under *nix and for me it is an issue.  Please tell me what app I could be using but don't point me to audacity.  Personally I'm surprised to find such an abrupt attitude.

andre_orwell, :-[
seeker5528
Registered Member
andre_orwell wrote:Looping, combined with the ability to alter the playback speed and pitch are features craved by musicians who want to learn / practice by playing along with a track.

Opensource:

Audacity
Freecycle
YATM

Proprietary:

Transcribe!

Later, Seeker
Martinos
Registered Member
In fact I vote for this idea! This would be very useful for many amateur musicians.

When you want to learn a song with your instrument or with your voice, you are better to practice one part at a time.  Most of the time people play the part that they want to learn and press the rewind button to get at the beginning that part.  They may repeat it for hundred times to get it right. There hands are traveling for their instrument to the computer and it gets very annoying..

I think there is a ton of people that are playing music, this would be a great feature.It would make many musician happy.