This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

About the playlist view

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
soker
Registered Member

About the playlist view

Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:13 pm
The **** playlist in amarok 1.4 was a great playlist to execute tasks like ordering, rating, etc. Nowadays in amarok 2 some features are missed and some of them won't be reimplemented in amarok 2, this is the case of the **** view(i do not know why) but I think that at least the header must be in columns allowing all users to order the playlist content such as (i'm sorry but is usefull) MS Explorer, when you are loking for a file, you can see the content of the folder in a Icon  mode(not list), and you can see a header that allows you to order that content, and it doesn't mean that every icon has to show the information about an especific column

Some other problem that i can see with amarok2 UI is that the 3 column is not good for showing all the things that designers want to show, because when you wanna see the current track info you have to resize the playlist and when you want to see a song's full name in the play list you have to resize it back,  I think that this problem  relies on the font and icon size, it would be better by adding a mixing the two last columns with in a tabbed pane, yeah  i know that you would have to click on the tab every time but is quite better than Click->Drag

Please let me know your opinions about that... 'cause i'm trying to refuse the option of leaving amarok