This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Favorite Folders Feature

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rockgod2099
Registered Member

Favorite Folders Feature

Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:42 am
One of the things I liked about Amarok 1.4 was the ability to bookmark folders on my computer.  I had a folder on my external drive, and one on my laptop that I had bookmarked for easy access.  I like that Amarok 2.0 has the file folder pane, but I would like to get to my fav folders without typing in a long address like /media/sdc1/media/music/
Is this a feature that will return in 2.0?

And while I'm at it, while I like the middle pane, I don't always want it there.  Is there a way to make it so that pane becomes an option?  Like you can click something in properties to have it or get rid of it?
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Favorite Folders Feature

Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:29 am
rockgod2099 wrote:One of the things I liked about Amarok 1.4 was the ability to bookmark folders on my computer.  I had a folder on my external drive, and one on my laptop that I had bookmarked for easy access.  I like that Amarok 2.0 has the file folder pane, but I would like to get to my fav folders without typing in a long address like /media/sdc1/media/music/
Is this a feature that will return in 2.0?

The bookmark feature was removed shortly before release, simply because it crashed for some users. This might be a problem in KDElibs.

We've not yet located the exact problem, but we will try to bring this feature back in later releases.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer