This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

amarok BPM counter

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Decks
Registered Member

amarok BPM counter

Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:59 pm
greetings!

I am Dj electronic music, and it would be good to bring a counter amarok bpm, so makes it easier to know a dj bpm his favorite song, this may come as plug inn or anything
Decks
Registered Member

Re: amarok BPM counter

Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:55 pm
???
devehf
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:23 am
Yes this would be very useful in Amarok. I have been using MIXXX to calculate BPMs. It does a pretty good job. The library management tools in MIXXX are getting better lately. I generally do all my music management in Amarok. It would be nice to do it all in one place. I have also been using Megaseg on Mac OS at the radio station where I DJ. That is a pretty comprehensive radio automation and library management system. Still, Amarok does the best job of library management. There are still a ways to go though.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:37 am
You can tag your music with a BPM tag, and Amarok will read it, and sort with it, as of 2.2.2. However, I don't know of an easy way to add this tag, or calculate the number. A script might work?

I can see how DJs would love this, and also those picking tracks to use as work-out music.