This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

USB sound device

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
willfriedwald
Registered Member

USB sound device

Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:33 pm
I bought a USB sound device - a Behringer to be specific...

I plugged it in, I set the sound panel in the overall ubuntu system to USB device.

now I AM able to play music through the device using rhythmbox, without any other setting, but NOT in Amarok.

is there an internal setting somewhere in Amarok where I can tell it to send the audio output to the USB?

thanks!

w
marcel
Registered Member
OS

Re: USB sound device

Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:50 pm
In Amarok 2, you have to configure the phonon backend correctly.
In Amarok 1, go to the configuration dialog, go to "engine" and you should be able to configure the exact device there.
willfriedwald
Registered Member

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:20 pm
thanks!

am using Amarok 1.4

in configure amarok > configure engine

I don't see anything related to an output device.
I see sound system, the only option is Xine engine...

output plugin - autodetect and some other choices (pulseaudio, alsa, oss, file)

it also says "sound device may be modified after the output plugin has been changed to ALSA or OSS.

I tried both of those (ALSA & OSS) but neither gave me an option to direct the output to USB.

I know it works - rhythmBox is using it now, but, obviously, r-Box is NOT amarok!

can post a screen shot if that would help...

thanks again!

w
marcel
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:30 am
Assuming that you use Alsa, switch it to also. You then have to fill in the output device on the same page (it appears when you switch to alsa). I cannot tell you what exactly to fill in, but with the help of Google you might be able to find that one out.